MATCH REPORT: Vision drop points in Krystal Palace clash

9 April 2018

Three first-half goals from a clinical Krystal Palace side spoiled the party for Vision FC who were looking for a-one hundred percent away win record this campaign after beating Nania FC 3-1 on match day One.


Head Coach Vladislav Viric made a few changes in the setup as well as the tactical formation switching to 3-4-3 system in yesterday’s match day four encounter.


The home team’s seventh-minute goal changed the complexion of this match-day four Division One League fixture. Our defenders were caught in a blunder when a wrong back pass from the left side of midfield into the box reached a Palace attacker who was waiting to latched on.


Vision FC woke up from their slumber after the opening goal and started three fruitful attacks which led to a nineteenth-minute penalty – in-form Hamidu Fatawu picked a pass from Kobina Essel on the left side of the third half before sending a long cross to Gideon Ofori Offei whose pressure caused a Palace defender handling the ball in the box. Offei stood tall to send the keeper the wrong way with his sublime kick from the spot to equalize two minutes later.


The Amrahia-based side were hit another blow after the home team took went ahead again on the twenty-third minute following a swift counter attack. Goalkeeper Melike Dzado came to the party after punching away a strike from the home team which could’ve doubled their lead nine minutes after their last one.


The game was afterwards, dictated by Palace who doubled their lead with just ten minutes to end the first half after their striker outsmarted our defense to slot home the third.


Viric made two straight changes after recess with Ernest Boateng and Prince Ofori coming on for Abraham Laryea and Kobina Essel respectively.


A change in tactics nearly yielded results five minutes into the second half. Ernest Boateng picked a lose ball on the left side of attack before locating Offei just outside the box with a cross, but the latter’s header was grabbed by the goalkeeper.


Melike Dzado was called to action a few times before a counter attack caused another penalty in the seventy-first minute after a handball situation in the box. Offei once again stepped up to reduce the deficit. Chances were less as the home team resorted to time delaying with just five minutes to end proceedings.


Offei’s two well-taken penalty were not enough to salvage a point for Vision FC who face Accra Lions at home in a week five fixture on Saturday.